It's funny when you have a moment that makes you realize just how much better you have it. This is by no means bragging, this is me saying that I am happy I let go and that I can't believe I ever admired such a lifestyle. Well... the lifestyle is still very much something I glorify, I just fell for some dumb crowd trying to live it and doing it terribly and completely wrong.
Completely cut yourself off from capitalism, eh? Funny that you're telling me this on Facebook, which is one of the companies in the United States that is a major role in this whole capitalism and 99% thing. Totes upping the punx you are, kid. At least living in that situation made me open my eyes to better things.
I cleaned the whoooole attic today for Jackson while he was at work... I cleaned the sheets and towels and re-made the bed and organized all of his dvds, records, and books. 2 bags of trash, wiped down the desk and end tables... reorganized our window seat area. I walk downstairs to wait for him to come home and see his bookbag on the stairs... I get sooooo excited and then I come into the kitchen and see him laying on the ground with his hands over his face and ice on his knee. I swear to god, my hopes hurt people. I couldn't wait for him to come upstairs and see the room... so he busts his knee from falling off his bike to avoid a horse trailer on high street. Cool. I almost had a heart attack and immediately grabbed my card and went to Exxon to get him pain killers and juice. I love that booger.
I got two free tickets for Trauma each night (This Thurs and next Friday) and I will be going with Jackson the first night and my old co-worker Veronica the second! I'm so excited! I got the tickets for helping volunteer, so I will be setting up on the 4th and tearing down on the 5th at least. It'll be so nice to be able to go with Jackson though if his knee is better. I was so eager after Drauma to volunteer and help that I'm glad the O.G. party happens again this fall. Can't wait to dance my ass off as Amy Winehouse, again.
Speaking of which, Skeleton Dance was a ton of fun, that was on Saturday night. So many people came, it got 20x bigger than expected and we spent all day yesterday cleaning... but everything is back to clean and we rearranged downstairs after, so it's even better now!
Alright, I'm going to the basement to enjoy some time with CJ and Jackson and raging blast two.
Tomorrow, it's time to go back home and start making all the crafty things I've thought of lately!
No comments:
Post a Comment